Research programme: long-acting tobramycin - Biota Holdings
Latest Information Update: 29 May 2007
At a glance
- Originator Biota Holdings
- Class Aminoglycosides; Antibacterials; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Protein 30S ribosomal subunit inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cystic fibrosis-associated respiratory tract infections
Most Recent Events
- 01 Mar 2004 This cystic fibrosis-associated infections therapy research programme is available for partnering (http://www.biota-inc.com)
- 02 Dec 2003 Preclinical trials in Cystic fibrosis-associated respiratory tract infections in Australia (unspecified route)