Research programme: anti-anthrax monoclonal antibodies - AlexionAlternative Names: Anti-anthrax monoclonal antibodies research programme - Alexion; Anti-anthrax therapies research programme - Alexion; Biodefense research programme - Alexion
Latest Information Update: 30 Jan 2007
At a glance
- Originator Alexion Pharmaceuticals
- Class Monoclonal antibodies
- Mechanism of Action Anthrax toxin inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Anthrax
Most Recent Events
- 30 Jan 2007 Discontinued - Preclinical for Anthrax in USA (unspecified route)
- 23 Sep 2005 This programme is still in active development
- 02 Dec 2003 Preclinical trials in Anthrax in USA (unspecified route)