Research programme: RNA interference-based therapeutics - Alnylam/MerckAlternative Names: RNAis - Alnylam/Merck
Latest Information Update: 27 Sep 2007
At a glance
- Originator Alnylam Pharmaceuticals; Merck & Co
- Mechanism of Action RNA interference
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Spinal cord injuries; Unspecified
Most Recent Events
- 27 Sep 2007 Discontinued - Preclinical for Spinal cord injuries in USA (unspecified route)
- 27 Sep 2007 Discontinued - Preclinical for Undefined indication in USA (unspecified route)
- 20 Sep 2007 Alnylam Pharmaceuticals and Merck & Co have mutually agreed to terminate their research collaboration