Valaciclovir-modified releaseAlternative Names: Valtrex XR
Latest Information Update: 30 Nov 2004
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Mechanism of Action DNA-directed DNA polymerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Herpes simplex virus infections
Most Recent Events
- 30 Nov 2004 Discontinued - Phase-I for Herpes simplex virus infections treatment in USA (PO)
- 08 Dec 2003 Phase-I clinical trials in Herpes simplex virus infections treatment in USA (PO)