Research programme: obesity therapy - Myriad PharmaceuticalsAlternative Names: MPI 176792; MPI 6802; obesity therapy research programme - Myriad Pharmaceuticals
Latest Information Update: 13 Aug 2007
At a glance
- Originator Myriad Pharmaceuticals
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Obesity
Most Recent Events
- 13 Aug 2007 Discontinued - Preclinical for Obesity in USA (unspecified route)
- 19 Apr 2006 No development reported - Preclinical for Obesity in USA (unspecified route)
- 03 Oct 2005 Myriad announced the discovery of COB1, the first common gene to be associated with childhood obesity