At a glance
- Originator Daiichi Sankyo Company
- Class Carboxylic acids; Indoles; Pyrrolidines
- Mechanism of Action Integrin alpha4beta1 antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Asthma
Most Recent Events
- 12 May 2008 Discontinued - Phase-I for Asthma in Japan (PO)
- 12 May 2008 Discontinued - Phase-I for Asthma in USA (PO)
- 03 Apr 2006 Daiichi Pharmaceutical has merged with Sankyo to form Daiichi Sankyo Inc