Research programme: anticancer therapeutics - AvalonAlternative Names: Anticancer therapeutics research programme - Sanofi-Aventis/Avalon
Latest Information Update: 19 Aug 2008
At a glance
- Originator Avalon Pharmaceuticals
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 19 Aug 2008 Discontinued - Preclinical for Cancer in USA (unspecified route)
- 21 Dec 2005 The collaboration between Avalon Pharmaceuticals and sanofi-aventis has expired
- 26 Aug 2004 Aventis has merged with Sanofi-Synthelabo to form sanofi-aventis