Research programme: PPAR delta agonists - Esperion/Nippon Chemiphar
Latest Information Update: 17 Oct 2007
At a glance
- Originator Nippon Chemiphar
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor delta agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cardiovascular disorders
Most Recent Events
- 16 Feb 2004 Esperion Therapeutics has been acquired by and merged into Pfizer
- 15 Jan 2004 Preclinical trials in Cardiovascular disorders in USA (unspecified route)