Latest Information Update: 06 Jan 2009
At a glance
- Originator Ranbaxy Laboratories
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Benign prostatic hyperplasia
Most Recent Events
- 20 Oct 2008 Ranbaxy Laboratories has been acquired by Daiichi Sankyo Company
- 02 May 2004 Phase-I clinical trials in Benign prostatic hyperplasia in India (unspecified route)
- 02 May 2004 Ranbaxy has received approval from the Drugs Controller General of India to begin phase I trials with RBx 9001