Desmethylselegiline - RetinaPharma TechnologiesAlternative Names: ApoGuard; DES; Desmethyldeprenyl; Neurap; RT-001 - RetinaPharma
Latest Information Update: 20 Jan 2011
At a glance
- Originator RetinaPharma Technologies; University of Toronto Innovations Foundation
- Class Antiparkinsonians; Phenethylamines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Apoptosis inhibitors; Monoamine oxidase B inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Age-related macular degeneration; Neurological disorders
Most Recent Events
- 17 Jan 2005 Desmethylselegiline is available for licensing (http://www.retinapharma.com)
- 21 Jan 2004 Preclinical trials in Age-related macular degeneration in USA (Unknown route)
- 21 Jan 2004 Preclinical trials in Neurological disorders in USA (PO)