Latest Information Update: 14 Feb 2008
At a glance
- Originator Kowa Pharmaceutical
- Class Antiasthmatics
- Mechanism of Action Neurokinin 1 antagonists; Type 4 cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Asthma; Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Most Recent Events
- 03 Nov 2006 Nikken Chemicals has been acquired by Kowa and is now called Kowa Pharmaceutical
- 29 Jan 2004 Preclinical trials in Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in Japan (PO)
- 29 Jan 2004 Preclinical trials in Asthma in Japan (PO)