Research programme: respiratory virus inhibitor - VybionAlternative Names: Respiratory virus inhibitor research programme - Viral Therapeutics; Virusorb
Latest Information Update: 23 Jun 2008
At a glance
- Originator Vybion
- Class Recombinant proteins
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Influenza virus infections
Most Recent Events
- 20 Jun 2008 Merdian Bioscience acquires recombinant proteins portfolio from Vybion
- 14 May 2008 Vybion executes a letter of intent to sell its recombinant protein business to Meridian Bioscience
- 24 Aug 2005 This programme is still in active development - (BIO-2005)