Research programme: ion channel modulators - Vertex PharmaceuticalsAlternative Names: VX-409
Latest Information Update: 20 Apr 2009
At a glance
- Originator Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- Mechanism of Action Ion channel modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Pain
Most Recent Events
- 24 Jul 2007 Preclinical development is ongoing
- 14 Dec 2005 VX 409 has been licensed to GlaxoSmithKline worldwide for the treatment of pain
- 03 Feb 2004 Preclinical trials in Pain in USA (unspecified route)