Research programme: renal failure therapy - NitroMed/Universities of Edinburgh and St Andrews
Latest Information Update: 29 Mar 2007
At a glance
- Originator NitroMed; University of Edinburgh; University of St Andrews
- Developer University of Edinburgh; University of St Andrews
- Mechanism of Action Nitric oxide donors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Renal failure
Most Recent Events
- 09 Feb 2004 Preclinical trials in Renal failure in Scotland (unspecified route)