ANA 971Alternative Names: ANA-971
Latest Information Update: 22 Nov 2007
At a glance
- Originator Anadys Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antivirals; Immunotherapies; Purine nucleosides
- Mechanism of Action Interferon stimulants; Natural killer cell stimulants; Toll-like receptor 7 agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hepatitis C
Most Recent Events
- 19 Jun 2006 This programme is still in active development
- 01 Mar 2004 Phase-I clinical trials in Hepatitis C treatment in USA (PO)