Research programme: bacterial vaccines - sanofi/ValnevaAlternative Names: Bacterial vaccines research programme - sanofi/Valneva
Latest Information Update: 12 Jun 2013
At a glance
- Originator Intercell; sanofi pasteur
- Class Bacterial vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 28 May 2013 Intercell has merged with Vivalis to form Valneva
- 31 Aug 2010 Preclinical development is ongoing
- 14 Jul 2005 Sanofi pasteur has exercised its option for exclusive worldwide commercial rights on certain bacterial vaccine antigens identified in the collaboration.