Research programme: HDM2 inhibitors - CyclacelAlternative Names: CYC 700 series; p53/HDM2 inhibitors research programme - Cyclacel
Latest Information Update: 16 Feb 2010
At a glance
- Originator Cyclacel Pharmaceuticals
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Apoptosis stimulants; Proto-oncogene protein c mdm2 inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Suspended Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 28 Mar 2006 Xcyte Therapies has merged with Cyclacel to form Cyclacel Pharmaceuticals
- 25 May 2005 This programme is still in active development
- 02 Mar 2004 Preclinical trials in Cancer in USA (unspecified route)