LicarbazepineAlternative Names: GP-47779; LIC-477; Licarbazapine
Latest Information Update: 12 Jan 2012
At a glance
- Originator Novartis
- Class Antidepressants; Antimanics; Dibenzazepines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Sodium channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bipolar disorders
Most Recent Events
- 15 Mar 2016 Biomarkers information updated
- 01 Jul 2007 Novartis completes a phase III extension trial in Bipolar I disorders in USA (NCT00228059)
- 17 May 2005 Phase-III clinical trials in Bipolar disorders in Switzerland (PO)