Research programme: CNS disorders therapeutics - BTGAlternative Names: BGC 2031920; Dopamine transport inhibitors - BTG; Monoamine reuptake inhibitors - BTG
Latest Information Update: 23 Apr 2008
At a glance
- Originator BTG
- Mechanism of Action Biogenic monoamine uptake inhibitors; Dopamine plasma membrane transport protein antagonists; Dopamine uptake inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cocaine abuse; Major depressive disorder; Parkinson's disease
Most Recent Events
- 23 Feb 2006 This programme is still in active development
- 05 Mar 2004 Preclinical trials in Depression in USA (unspecified route)
- 05 Mar 2004 Preclinical trials in Parkinson's disease in USA (unspecified route)