Research programme: beta-amyloid secretion inhibitors - ChiesiAlternative Names: CHF 4801; CHF 5022; CHF-5077; CHF5096; CHF5105; β-amyloid secretion inhibitors
Latest Information Update: 21 Jul 2006
At a glance
- Originator Chiesi
- Class Biphenyl compounds; Propionic acids
- Mechanism of Action Amyloid beta-protein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 21 Jul 2006 Data presented at the 10th International Conference on Alzheimer's Disease and Related Disorders (ICAD-2006) have been added to the pharmacokinetics and Alzheimer's Disease and Cognition Disorders pharmacodynamics sections
- 07 Sep 2004 Data presented at the XVIIIth International Symposium on Medicinal Chemistry (ISMC-2004) have been added to the pharmacokinetics and Alzheimer's disease pharmacodynamics sections
- 05 Mar 2004 Preclinical trials in Alzheimer's disease in Italy (unspecified route)