Embryonic stem cell therapy-Parkinson's disease - Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma
Latest Information Update: 25 May 2010
At a glance
- Originator Jichi Medical School; Tanabe Seiyaku
- Class Stem cell therapies
- Mechanism of Action Cell replacements; Dopaminergic cell replacements
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Parkinson's disease
Most Recent Events
- 25 May 2010 Discontinued - Preclinical for Parkinson's disease in Japan (unspecified route)
- 11 Mar 2004 Preclinical trials in Parkinson's disease in Japan (unspecified route)