Research programme: TLR9 agonists - Coley/sanofi-aventisAlternative Names: AVE 7279; CpG 7279; TLR Therapeutics - Coley/sanofi-aventis
Latest Information Update: 13 Aug 2009
At a glance
- Originator Coley Pharmaceutical Group
- Class Oligonucleotides
- Mechanism of Action Toll-like receptor 9 agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Allergic rhinitis; Asthma
Most Recent Events
- 16 Nov 2007 A lead compound from this programme has entered clinical trials, preclinical development with other compounds is ongoing
- 16 Sep 2004 Preclinical trials in Allergic rhinitis (inhalation)
- 26 Aug 2004 Aventis has merged with Sanofi-Synthélabo to form sanofi-aventis