Research programme: chalcone antimalarials - LICA/WRAIR
Latest Information Update: 28 Nov 2007
At a glance
- Originator LICA Pharmaceuticals
- Developer Walter Reed Army Institute of Research
- Mechanism of Action Cell membrane modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Malaria
Most Recent Events
- 28 Nov 2007 Discontinued - Preclinical for Malaria treatment in Denmark (unspecified route)
- 23 Mar 2004 Preclinical trials in Malaria treatment in Denmark (unspecified route)