Research programme: BRAF inhibitors - Astex/Wellcome Trust/ICRAlternative Names: BRAF inhibitors research programme - Astex/Wellcome Trust/ICR
Latest Information Update: 06 Oct 2011
At a glance
- Originator The Wellcome Trust
- Developer Astex Therapeutics; Cancer Research Technology; The Institute of Cancer Research; The Wellcome Trust
- Mechanism of Action Genetic transcription inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 20 Jul 2011 Astex Therapeutics has been acquired by SuperGen
- 26 Mar 2004 Preclinical trials in Cancer in United Kingdom (unspecified route)