Histamine dihydrochloride oral - EpiCept CorporationAlternative Names: HD-O
Latest Information Update: 26 Apr 2011
At a glance
- Originator Maxim Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antineoplastics; Antivirals; Imidazoles; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Histamine H2 receptor agonists; Oxygen radical formation antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alcoholic hepatitis; Hepatitis C; Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis
Most Recent Events
- 09 Jan 2006 Maxim Pharmaceuticals has been acquired and merged into EpiCept Corporation
- 23 Jun 2004 Histamine dihydrochloride oral is available for licensing and development (http://www.maxim.com/)
- 21 May 2004 Data presented at the Digestive Disease Week-2004 (DDW-2004) have been added to the Liver Disorders pharmacodynamics section