Research programme: HIV maturation inhibitors - Panacos PharmaceuticalsAlternative Names: Next-generation HIV maturation inhibitors - Panacos; Third-generation HIV maturation inhibitors - Panacos
Latest Information Update: 03 Apr 2009
At a glance
- Originator Panacos Pharmaceuticals Inc
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Viral core protein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 03 Apr 2009 Programmes for the development of second- and third-generation maturation inhibitors is ongoing in the US
- 14 May 2007 Panacos has extended its medicinal chemistry contract with Evotec into its fourth year
- 15 Mar 2005 Panacos Pharmaceuticals has been acquired and merged into V.I. Technologies