Research programme: vitamin D3 analogues - BioXell/GalapagosAlternative Names: BXL 055; BXL 082; BXL 083; BXL 093
Latest Information Update: 27 May 2009
At a glance
- Originator BioXell SpA; Galapagos NV
- Class Cholestenes; Vitamin D analogues
- Mechanism of Action Calcitriol receptor modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hyperparathyroidism; Osteoporosis
Most Recent Events
- 25 Jul 2007 Preclinical development is ongoing
- 22 Sep 2004 ProSkelia has merged with Strakan to form ProStrakan
- 01 Apr 2004 Preclinical trials in Hyperparathyroidism in Europe (PO)