Rifalazil controlled releaseAlternative Names: Rifalazil GR
Latest Information Update: 25 May 2006
At a glance
- Originator ActivBiotics; Depomed
- Class Antituberculars; Rifamycins
- Mechanism of Action DNA-directed RNA polymerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Helicobacter infections
Most Recent Events
- 30 Jun 2004 Discontinued - Preclinical for Helicobacter infections in USA (PO)
- 07 Apr 2004 This compound is still in active development - (BioSquare-2004)