Research programme: anticancer therapeutics - ScheringAlternative Names: 4-thio-FAC; Anticancer therapeutics research programme - Schering
Latest Information Update: 24 Mar 2010
At a glance
- Originator Bayer Schering Pharma
- Class Deoxyribonucleosides
- Mechanism of Action DNA-directed DNA polymerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 08 Apr 2004 Preclinical trials in Cancer in USA (unspecified route)
- 08 Apr 2004 Preclinical trials in Cancer in Germany (unspecified route)
- 08 Apr 2004 4-thio-FAC is available for co-developing worldwide (http://www.schering.de/eng/)