Latest Information Update: 04 Oct 2005
At a glance
- Originator sanofi-aventis
- Mechanism of Action Glycogen phosphorylase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 31 Mar 2005 Discontinued - Phase-I/II for Diabetes mellitus in France (unspecified route)
- 26 Aug 2004 Aventis has merged with Sanofi-Synthelabo to form Sanofi-Aventis
- 15 Apr 2004 Phase-I/II clinical trials in Diabetes mellitus in France (unspecified route)