DrinabantAlternative Names: AVE 1625
Latest Information Update: 12 Nov 2016
At a glance
- Originator sanofi-aventis
- Class Antidementias; Antipsychotics; Halogenated hydrocarbons; Obesity therapies; Small molecules; Sulfonamides
- Mechanism of Action Cannabinoid receptor CB1 antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease; Obesity; Parkinson's disease; Schizophrenia; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 29 Jul 2009 Discontinued - Phase-II for Schizophrenia in Canada (PO)
- 29 Jul 2009 Discontinued - Phase-II for Schizophrenia in European Union (PO)
- 29 Jul 2009 Discontinued - Phase-II for Schizophrenia in USA (PO)