PeliglitazarAlternative Names: BMS 426707-01
Latest Information Update: 21 Dec 2007
At a glance
- Originator Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Oxazoles
- Mechanism of Action Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 15 Nov 2006 No development reported - Phase-I/II for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (unspecified route)
- 23 Jan 2006 Bristol-Myers Squibb and Merck have terminated their collaboration agreement for muraglitazar and peliglitazar, a back-up compound, for Type-2 diabetes
- 29 Apr 2004 Phase-I/II clinical trials in Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (unspecified route)