GefarnateAlternative Names: DA 688; DE-099; Geranyl farnesylacetate
Latest Information Update: 23 May 2008
At a glance
- Originator Santen Pharmaceutical
- Class Antiulcers; Terpenes; Unsaturated fatty acids
- Mechanism of Action Mucin stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Dry eyes
Most Recent Events
- 23 May 2008 Discontinued - Phase-II for Dry eyes in Japan (Ophthalmic)
- 09 May 2007 Phase-II clinical trials in Dry eyes in Japan (Ophthalmic)
- 07 Jun 2005 Phase-I clinical trials in Dry eyes in Japan (Ophthalmic)