Research programme: protein tyrosine phosphatase-1B inhibitors - Alinea Pharmaceuticals/The Institute for Diabetes DiscoveryAlternative Names: IDD-3-IDD; IDD-3-Institute for Diabetes Discovery; Protein tyrosine phosphatase-1B inhibitors research programme - Alinea Pharmaceuticals/The Institute for Diabetes Discovery
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Institute for Diabetes Discovery LLC
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Protein-tyrosine-phosphatase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in Type-2-diabetes-mellitus in USA (PO)
- 31 Aug 2005 The Institute for Diabetes Discovery and Alinea Pharmaceuticals have entered into an agreement to co-develop protein tyrosine phosphatase inhibitors for Type-2 diabetes
- 17 Jun 2004 Preclinical trials in Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (PO)