Research programme: phosphodiesterase type 4 inhibitors - StiefelAlternative Names: Atopik; Catramilast; R115500
Latest Information Update: 24 Aug 2009
At a glance
- Originator Barrier Therapeutics Inc
- Developer Stiefel Laboratories
- Class Skin disorder therapies; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Type 4 cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Atopic dermatitis
Most Recent Events
- 30 Mar 2007 Preclinical development is ongoing
- 17 Jun 2004 Preclinical trials in Atopic dermatitis in USA (Topical)