Research programme: acute pain therapeutics - New River Pharmaceuticals
Latest Information Update: 10 Mar 2008
At a glance
- Originator New River Pharmaceuticals
- Class Morphine derivatives
- Mechanism of Action Opioid receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Acute pain
Most Recent Events
- 21 Feb 2008 Discontinued - Preclinical for Acute pain in USA (PO)
- 12 Aug 2005 New River Pharmaceuticals initiates clinical trials of NRP 290 for acute pain in the USA
- 28 Jun 2005 New River files an IND application for NRP 290 as a treatment for acute pain