Nitric oxide - ProStrakanAlternative Names: S-291-N; TNO therapy - ProStrakan; Topical nitric oxide - ProStrakan
Latest Information Update: 26 Mar 2010
At a glance
- Originator ProStrakan
- Class Antiacnes; Antiandrogens; Antibacterials; Antihypertensives; Antivirals; Free radicals; Nitrogen oxides; Non-opioid analgesics; Small molecules; Vasodilators
- Mechanism of Action Nitric oxide donors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Human papillomavirus infections; Molluscum contagiosum; Onychomycosis
Most Recent Events
- 15 Mar 2016 Biomarkers information updated
- 08 Sep 2005 This compound is still in active development for Onychomycosis
- 22 Sep 2004 ProSkelia has merged with Strakan to form ProStrakan