Research programme: asthma and COPD therapy - GlaxoSmithKlineAlternative Names: I-kappa-B kinase inhibitors research programme - GlaxoSmithKline; IKK-2 inhibitors research programme - GlaxoSmithKline
Latest Information Update: 17 Jan 2008
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action NF-kappa B inhibitors; Phosphotransferase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Asthma; Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Most Recent Events
- 21 Jun 2005 Preclinical trials in Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in United Kingdom (unspecified route)
- 21 Jun 2005 Preclinical trials in Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in USA (unspecified route)
- 21 Jun 2005 Data presented at the 101st International Conference of the American Thoracic Society (ATS-2005) have been added to the Respiratory Disorders pharmacodynamics section