Research programme: hepatitis C virus NS4A protein inhibitors - AchillionAlternative Names: ACH-1095; GS-9525; Hepatitis C virus NS4A antagonists - Achillion
Latest Information Update: 04 Jun 2013
At a glance
- Originator Achillion Pharmaceuticals
- Class Fluorine compounds; Pyridazines; Small molecules; Thiazoles
- Mechanism of Action Hepatitis C virus NS4 protein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hepatitis C
Most Recent Events
- 04 Jun 2013 Discontinued - Preclinical development of HCV NS4A protein inhibitors for Hepatitis C in USA (PO) before June 2013
- 29 Feb 2012 Gilead terminates its collaboration and licensing agreement with Achillion for hepatitis C virus NS4A antagonists
- 20 Aug 2010 Preclinical development is ongoing in USA