Research programme: antibacterials - AlchemiaAlternative Names: Antibacterials research programme - Alchemia; VT 16773
Latest Information Update: 07 May 2010
At a glance
- Originator Alchemia
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Peptidoglycan glycosyltransferase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 07 May 2010 Preclinical development is ongoing in Australia
- 09 Aug 2006 Optimisation studies are ongoing
- 29 Jun 2004 Preclinical trials in Bacterial infections in Australia (unspecified route)