AES 005Alternative Names: AES-005; AVI-005
Latest Information Update: 19 May 2009
At a glance
- Originator Synageva BioPharma
- Class Antivirals; Interferons
- Mechanism of Action Interferon alpha stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Infections
Most Recent Events
- 19 May 2009 Discontinued - Phase-I for Infections in USA (SC)
- 30 Sep 2008 AES 005 is available for licensing and/or co-development in the USA (http://www.synageva.com)
- 30 Jun 2005 AVI 005 is available for partnering (http://www.avigenics.com)