Research programme: cyclo-oxygenase-2 inhibitors - OnconovaAlternative Names: COX-2 inhibitors research programme - Onconova; Cyclo-oxygenase-2 inhibitors research programme - Onconova; ON 09250; ON 09300; Onconoxib; Research programme: COX-2 inhibitors - Onconova
Latest Information Update: 23 Feb 2010
At a glance
- Originator Onconova Therapeutics
- Class Heterocyclic compounds
- Mechanism of Action Cyclo-oxygenase 2 inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer; Inflammation
Most Recent Events
- 01 Jul 2004 Preclinical trials in Inflammation in USA (unspecified route)
- 01 Jul 2004 Preclinical trials in Cancer in USA (unspecified route)
- 01 Jul 2004 Compounds from this programme are available for licensing (http://www.onconova.com/)