Buspirone transdermal - AcruxAlternative Names: Buspirone MDTS®
Latest Information Update: 14 Jun 2007
At a glance
- Originator Acrux
- Class Antidepressants; Anxiolytics; Pyrimidines; Small molecules; Spiro compounds
- Mechanism of Action Serotonin 1A receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Anxiety disorders; Fibromyalgia
Most Recent Events
- 22 Aug 2005 Phase I trials have been completed for Anxiety disorders and Fibromyalgia; further development will continue once a partnership agreement has been secured
- 07 Mar 2005 Phase-I clinical trials in Fibromyalgia in Australia (Transdermal)
- 02 Jul 2004 Phase-I clinical trials in Anxiety disorders in Australia (Transdermal)