Research programme: iron chelators - Metabolic PharmaceuticalsAlternative Names: MBP 0201
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Metabolic Pharmaceuticals
- Mechanism of Action Chelating agents
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Iron overload
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in Iron-overload in Australia
- 02 Jul 2004 Preclinical trials in Iron overload in Australia (unspecified route)