Research programme: G protein-coupled receptor agonists - Arena Pharmaceuticals
Latest Information Update: 30 Jul 2008
At a glance
- Originator Arena Pharmaceuticals
- Class Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action GPR109A receptor agonists; GPR109B receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Obesity
Most Recent Events
- 20 Apr 2007 Preclinical development is ongoing for small molecule compounds that mimic the agonist activity of niacin as ligands of G protein-coupled receptors
- 02 Aug 2005 This programme is still in active development
- 12 Jul 2004 Preclinical trials in Obesity in USA (PO)