Finasteride topical - AcruxAlternative Names: Finasteride MDTS
Latest Information Update: 02 Feb 2011
At a glance
- Originator Acrux
- Class Androstenes; Antiacnes; Antiandrogens; Antineoplastics; Azasteroids; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Cholestenone 5-alpha reductase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alopecia
Most Recent Events
- 02 Feb 2011 Discontinued - Preclinical for Alopecia in USA (Topical)
- 02 Feb 2011 Discontinued - Preclinical for Alopecia in Australia (Topical)
- 23 May 2005 Preclinical trials in Alopecia in USA (Topical)