Research programme: cell cycle inhibitors - CyclacelAlternative Names: Anti-HIV therapeutics research programme - Cyclacel; Research programme: anti-HIV therapeutics - Cyclacel
Latest Information Update: 14 Jul 2014
At a glance
- Originator Cyclacel Pharmaceuticals
- Mechanism of Action Apoptosis stimulants; Mitosis inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- Available For Licensing Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Suspended HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 28 Mar 2006 Xcyte Therapies has merged with Cyclacel to form Cyclacel Pharmaceuticals
- 26 May 2005 This programme is still in active development
- 13 Jul 2004 Preclinical trials in HIV infections treatment in United Kingdom (unspecified route)