At a glance
- Originator Kyowa Hakko
- Class Estrenes; Small molecules; Sulfonamides
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Breast cancer
Most Recent Events
- 24 Oct 2008 Discontinued - Preclinical for Breast cancer in Japan (unspecified route)
- 13 Jul 2004 Preclinical trials in Breast cancer in Japan (unspecified route)
- 13 Jul 2004 KW 2581 is available for licensing(http://www.kyowa.co.jp/eng)