Research programme: ileal bile acid transport inhibitors - Asahi Kasei PharmaAlternative Names: AK-105
Latest Information Update: 03 Aug 2006
At a glance
- Originator Asahi Kasei Pharma Corp
- Mechanism of Action Sodium-bile acid cotransporter-inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Hypercholesterolaemia
Most Recent Events
- 03 Aug 2006 This programme is still in active development
- 14 Jul 2004 Preclinical trials in Hypercholesterolaemia in Japan (unspecified route)