Research programme: interferon beta - BioRexisAlternative Names: Longer-acting interferon β
Latest Information Update: 14 Mar 2011
At a glance
- Originator BioRexis Pharmaceutical Corporation
- Class Interferons
- Mechanism of Action Interferon beta stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Multiple sclerosis
Most Recent Events
- 31 Dec 2010 Discontinued - Preclinical for Multiple sclerosis in USA (unspecified route)
- 31 Dec 2007 No development reported - Preclinical for Multiple sclerosis in USA (unspecified route)
- 19 Jul 2004 Preclinical trials in Multiple sclerosis in USA (unspecified route)